Monday, July 22, 2002

I had to attend a housewarming party at Alber & SSG's new apartment on Saturday. Well, that was not much fun. It wasn't terrible, as I'd feared it might be, but it certainly wasn't a good time. SSG hugged me twice, when I arrived and departed. What the fuck? Okay, I've never been a big fan of women hugging in lieu of a handshake, but I can live with it. However, in the almost two years I've known her, SSG and I have never had a hugging relationship. Either it was simmering mutual animosity or simply the fact that I saw her four or five times a week. Probably the latter, but I keep a candle burning for the former. I haven't seen her in a while, though; so, now it appear we hug. To quote The Thing, "What a revoltin' development!"

Justin asked me why I hadn't called Scott while I was out in California to get in touch with the two of them and Steve. I told him I'd run out of time. This is true, but not the entirety of the truth. Steve and Justin planned to go out to California. They had no intention of inviting me. I only found out when I told Scott I'd be out there to visit Lindsay. The three of them planned this without me; I'm not saying this bitterly, it's just the facts of the case. I was not invited to be a part of it; so, why should I invite myself? Resentment? Maybe a smidge, but I can't blame them. The three of them shared a single room together for their first two years of college. That has to have formed a hell of a bond.

45 Things She Wishes You Knew
17. I own a Debbie Gibson CD, and I'm not afraid to use it.
It's worse than that, Matchbox Twenty is her favorite band. Music is perhaps the issue on which I am most annoying. But, it's only because I believe passionately in the music I love. However, music's an issue on which we're reaching an understanding. She is in love with Mike Herrera, the lead singer/bassist of MxPx, and is as fierce and fearless in the pit as anyone. Plus, when I specifically requested we listen to Matchbox Twenty while she was preparing her absolutely delicious lasagna, she admitted that she could see how I wouldn't like them from a musical point of view. My taste in music can work for me, not against me, I just need to learn to heed Coach Oldham's advice and not overpower people. Hmm, on that note I should try to get back in touch with Oldham. I miss that old bastard.

No comments: