Friday, February 21, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Exodus 90 Song o' Today

Freitag, 21. Februar
The Fratellis, "Jesus Stole My Baby" from Here We Stand (St. Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: "Jesus Stole My Baby" chronicles the protagonist's lament at his girlflesh's conversion to Christianity. Of course, as the detestable lyrics make clear, he only appreciates his girlflesh for her flesh, as a sexual plaything—not even a playmate, just a plaything. 'Tis a genuinely disgusting song. Why is such a genuinely disgusting song the R.B.D.S.O.T.D.? I woke up with "Jesus Stole My Baby" running through my brain & I long-ago learned to trust the muse. I do not claim to understand the mysterious mechanism of the muse's inspiration (the Holy Ghost directly? my guardian angel as a mouthpiece?), but I know that the system works.

Why "Jesus Stole My Baby"? Probably because this afternoon I was smitten with the stunning beauty sent to inspect & reactivate the fire suppression system in the K. of C. fish fry trailer. Those blue eyes! That red hair! Those freckles! I was slack-jawed. "Jesus Stole My Baby" was a timely reminder not to objectify her, not to let sinful lust jam a foot in the door leading to my heart.

No comments: