Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Queue

The Survivors is a 1958 science fiction novella recommended to me by my father, who had fond & vivid memories of it from his boyhood. I devoured it within a day, but am I better for the experience? I stayed up half the night reading & then slept in quite late this morning. I cannot allow quarantine to become an endless "school break" of listlessness & anonymous days.

I've tried & failed over the course of two Lents to finish Edward Sri's No Greater Love. There's nothing for it now but a duel to the death: finish the book or die in the attempt.

Recently
Jimmy Akin, The Bible Is a Catholic Book
Theresa Aletheia Noble, F.S.P., Remember Your Death: Memento Mori Lenten Devotional
Tom Godwin, The Survivors

Currently
Edward Sri, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk through Christ's Passion

Presently
Flannery O'Connor, Flannery O'Connor Collection (Word on Fire Classics)
Fulton J. Sheen, Life of Christ (Word on Fire Classics)
Dom Jean-Baptiste Chautard, Spiritual Handbook for Catholic Evangelists: How to Win Souls without Losing Your Own

No comments: