Saturday, June 20, 2020

The Queue: Quadragesima's Revenge

During Lent 2019, I lead a video study of No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk through Christ's Passion, presented by Doctor Edward Sri; I decided to read the book of the same name, an optional supplement. Through two Lents (singular: Quadragesima; I don't know the plural) & two Easters (singular: Pascha; I don't know the plural), I failed to finish No Greater Love. Now well into Ordinary Time, I've finally conquered what had become a bette noir. The video study is great; the book is less so.

I need to read How to Pray Like Mary partially so we can do a book review for The Popish Plot, as the book was kindly given to us, for that purpose, by the fine folks @ Ascension Press.

Recently
Jimmy Akin, The Bible Is a Catholic Book
Alan Bean with Andrew Chaikin, Apollo: An Eyewitness Account
Edward Sri, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk through Christ's Passion

Currently
Sonja Corbett, How to Pray Like Mary

Presently
Fulton J. Sheen, Life of Christ (Word on Fire Classics)
Flannery O'Connor, Flannery O'Connor Collection (Word on Fire Classics)
Dom Jean-Baptiste Chautard, Spiritual Handbook for Catholic Evangelists: How to Win Souls without Losing Your Own
M. K. Mace, The Frozen Lighthouse
Michael Gorn, N.A.S.A.: The Complete Illustrated History

No comments: