Thursday, June 18, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day


The Phenomenauts, "She'll Launch" from For All Mankind (Space Cadet Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary:
"She's got long black hair
And a laser eye,
She's got a laser gun
On one of her thighs…

"She will go on adventure,
She will want to be free,
I'm a guy that can handle that,
A statistic anomaly.

"(She'll launch) I'm sad,
(She'll land) I know that she is still my friend,
(She'll land) I'm glad,
(She'll launch) I know that she'll be back again…"
Operation AXIOM
Thirty-seven years ago to the day, 18 June 1983, Sally Ride became the first American woman in space (the third woman overall), when she launched with four other astronauts aboard the Space Shuttle Challenger for S.T.S.-7. We here @ The Secret Base cover S.T.S.-7 in greater detail in a future episode of "The Explorers' Club." Sally Ride became the first American woman in space, inspiring a generation of girls to pursue careers in science, thirty-seven years ago today, 18 June 1983.

No comments: