Sunday, April 6, 2008

Vive la France!
We're supposed to be better than this: shamelink. Leave the glorious dead in the peace for which they paid such a terrible cost.

The Explorers Club
No. LXXII - John Henry Patterson (1867-1947) and the man-eaters of Tsavo (1898).






There is no finer source of information than Col. Patterson's own account, The Man-eaters of Tsavo, first published in 1907. And despite their maneless appearance, the Tsavo man-eaters were lions, not lionesses.

Project OSPREY: The Last Angry Bracket
Though the final performance of my bracket it set in stone and I have no say in the game's final outcome, I have to say that I would really prefer Kansas to win. I respect the talent and determination of the kids from Memphis, I just don't want to see their coach's "free throws don't matter" attitude rewarded with a national championship.

And Bog was it fun watching those cheaters from U.C.L.A. and those scumbags from U.N.C. bite the dust on Saturday. Schadenfreude!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the day
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, "I Believe I Can Fly" from Take a Break (T.L.A.M.)

"A short skirt,
A Gimmes shirt,
A Jones Soda,
Ain't life grand?"

No comments: