Thursday, June 23, 2005

Hyperlink. Do most of you have an opinion on the European Union? What, if anything, is the importance of the "Non" and "Nee" votes in France and The Netherlands? The EU is something worth having an opinion about, much more so than... whatever the fuck moronic bit of pop culture people have opinions about these days.

Of course, maybe I spend too much time every day thining about China and the EU and what the world is going to look like (geopolitically speaking) in five, ten, twenty years. That's just what I do. That and imagine how cool it would look to see Captain marvel whaling on this villain I created called the Erlkonig. (Yeah, that's right, from Goethe. I'm not erudite, but I fake it reasonably well.)

Thabo Mbeki is not a good guy, but getting rid of Zuma was a step in the right direction. Another hyperlink.

I can't wait for the next Christopher Guest mockumentary, whatever and whenever that will be. Because, let's be honest, A Mighty Wind was - how shall I put this? - disappointing. Not enough Parker, not enough comedy. Yes, the bar was set very, very, very high with Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show, but still.

I miss pining. I mean, I've figured out how to ask girls out; so, I'm not as good at hopelessly pining as I used to be, but still. I used to be really good at pining, and the single worst thing about being here is there's not even anybody to pine over. Sorry, I'm whining. If Freaks and Geeks had had a second season, I hope they would have had an episode titled "Whining and Pining."

No comments: