Monday, March 27, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Irish Song o' the Day

Flogging Molly, "To Youth (My Sweet Roisin Dubh)" from Within a Mile of Home (The Last Angry Irishman)

Commentary:
"Tell me why must our peace be this puzzle
That fractures this land, splinters war?
The last nail sank the shame on our coffin,
But in the end we must all die alone.

"So it's to youth I sing you this story
And it's of youth I sing it now,
Like the train that derailed without warning,
Some must leave what they left far behind,
So goodbye sweet Roisin Dubh, I say goodbye.

"And the bark fell from tree to ground that now bleeds
On the anguish that never learnt to shoulder,
When the clash of the drum will surrender the gun,
And of this sadness we shall no longer speak.

"Until tank and the bomb but all forgotten songs
That's when I and we will sing again,
So goodbye to my love, my sweet Roisin Dubh,
Goodbye now until we meet again…"

No comments: