Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Fanboy Housekeeping
This morning, I did battle with my comic book collection. Since I arived home I have been storing my books in newly bought boxes, not integrating them into the collection proper. Today, I began the laborious process of fusing the two. Bog, I own a fucking lot of comic books. Some notes:

All my Marvel books fit into a long box and a magazine box. Both are packed, but it won't be a problem since I don't anticipate buying any Marvel books in the foreseeable future.

All my Superman books fit into one long box, including all the trades I have plus issues of both Supergirl and Superboy.

With all my recently acquired issues of Justice League/Justice League International/Justice League America and Justice League Europe, I now have a short box devoted solely to the various incarnations of the JLA.

By including Hawkman and the few issues of Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. I own, the JSA now fills a short box. I was also going to include Hourman, but doing so wouldn't allow for much growth. I haven't exactly been pleased with JSA of late, but I'm not yet to the point of dropping it and I'm going to at least test drive this summer's new JSA: Classified.

I think I'll be able to put all my Batman books and trades in a single long box, not counting the related books like Batgirl and Robin.

All my Oni Press and Slave Labor books fit into a short box, with Dark Horse and Image Comics sharing another. I love me my indie comics.

Why I Don't Trust Clark Kent
During tonight's broadcast of ABC World News Tonight with Peter Jennings, hosted by Charles Gibson, more time was dedicated to the story of a pregnant duck living near the White House than to the pullout of Syrian troops from Lebanon. I'm not defending Fox News, I hate Fox News, but with reporting like that, you can understand why people are frustrated with ABC, CBS, and NBC.

Also, Fox News's ratings must have been down slightly during the daytime hours today; The Malingerer went back to work.

No comments: