Saturday, March 11, 2006

Slobodan Milosevic, the Butcher of Belgrade, is dead. It's a good day for the human race. Now, if only we can find Karadzic and Mladic; I'd hate for those two monsters to die as free men.

Vote For Kodos
This week on This American Life... so what if the Geneva Conventions stipulate that in order to be categorized as prisoners of war combatants have to be uniformed soldiers in a state-sponsored army with a definite command structure, the Bush Administration was wrong not to extend Gevena protections to al Qaeda operatives and Taliban troops, despite their lack of uniforms, their stateless allegiance, and the amorphous nature of their command structure.

I hate it when Ira Glass stoops to Bill O'Reilly's level, distorting the truth to serve his own agenda. I expect that from O'Reilly and his ilk, they're villains and snake oil salesmen. But Glass? I don't think I'm wrong for expecting more from him.

No comments: