Sunday, December 7, 2008

Yes, I'm still on cloud nine about yesterday's triumph over Duke. Bog, I've missed the thrill of victory. Go Blue!

The Explorers Club
No. CVI - The sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, by "naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan" that made 7 December 1941 "a date which will live in infamy."








Science!
Spermlink. One would hope this means that in the long run Man will become, in the aggregate, altogether brighter and more intelligent, belying massive anecdotal evidence to the contrary. In the immortal words of George Costanza, "My boys can swim!" Seinfeldlink.

Science!

Project TROIKA
During the time of my scheduled confab with Steeze, my family was decking the halls, even though we usually do this the Sunday following Thanksgiving. (I long ago gave up trying to figure out why my mother does what she does.) I alerted Steeze of this on Saturday and we agreed I'd ring him after the house was properly ornamented for the Yuletide. I did so, but he was at a restaurant (around the time of a late lunch) and declared he'd call me once his business there was concluded. He did, but mere minutes later I was called to dinner. After the meal and disposing of the dishes, I called him and at last we had a proper conversation. 'Twas a marathon session and I am exhausted. We have covered all the broad strokes, but we are finding that the Devil does inside reside in the details. It is an entirely worthwhile slog, but a slog all the same. Three scant weeks remain until we turn the Bible, the fruit of our efforts for more than a year, over to our heretofore uninvolved partner, The Professor, for "novelization." (And I know this is not a strictly accurate use of novelization, but it's fun all the same.)

Grow or die.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Blues Brothers, "Expressway to Your Heart" from The Definitive Collection (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: