Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm still awake, even though it's almost morning. I was looking for a specific line from Sports Night for a post I hope to publish tomorrow (Saturday) and the internet search engines were no help. I had misremembered the exact working; so, it's no wonder my searches for the wrong words didn't result in finding the right words. I decided to go to the source material, and winnowed the field down to the most likely episode. Fortunately, the episode I guessed featured a "previously on Sports Night…" montage that indicated I'd gone at least one episode too far. Sure enough, I went to the previous episode and found that for which I'd sought. Of course, Sports Night being Sports Night, I watched the episode. And then the following episode that was the first place I looked for the line in question. And then the two episodes after that. And then I circled back to the episode before the episode with the sough-after line. I kid you not, for the next several days I'm going to be locked in a battle of wills to resist the urge to go back and watch Sports Night from beginning to end, for the fifth or sixth time. It's very dangerous for me to watch even a single episode of Sports Night, because once I do, it's very hard to keep the floodgates from opening.

Anywho, I got the line, and I hope to put it into context for you soonest. Good morning, all, it's finally time for me to hit the hay.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I just don't fight it, and watch the entirety of "Sports Night" once every year or so.

The Guy said...

Sarah and I used to do it every December. It's been a couple years since we've done that. All I have to do is play one episode, and it'll start all over again.