Saturday, July 2, 2011

A motion picture adaptation of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is to be released in the fall: Internet Movie Databaselink & Wikipedialink. I am excited about the prospects for this film based on two counts & nervous about its prospects on one, also allowing for a substantial number of unknowns. On the plus side, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is a crackerjack story & would make a magnificent motion picture if handled correctly. Also aiding this cause is the cast, which looks quite strong & agreeably British. My trepidation is based in the complexity of the story; I simply do not know if it can be told effectively within the time constraints of a motion picture, even a lengthy one. Nevertheless, I am so dreadfully fond of both the television miniseries starring Sir Alec Guinness & John le Carré's novel (I list the television adaptation ahead of the original novel solely because that is the order in which I encountered the works) that a well-done Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy feature has the potential to be held very highly in my esteem. Trailerlink. Fingers crossed.

"There are three of them and Alleline."

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Ivy, "Worry About You" from Long Distance (T.L.A.M.)

Freitag, 1 Juli
Go Sailor, "Bigger Than an Ocean" from Go Sailor (T.L.A.M.)

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Director seems competent, which I'm basing solely on "Let the Right One In". It's a pretty terrific little flick that had classic style in it's compositions. Hopefully this bodes well for "Tinker, Tailor".

brenda cox giguere said...

My fingers are crossed so tight I can barely type. When I saw the cast, it gave me hope. I really want this to be a winner.

Thanks for the post.