Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My thought, quite naturally I should think, upon reading the words, "What Your Favorite Map Projection Says About You," was to query my Registry as to my favorite map projection. The answer came back, Globe. Supplementary query: Is a globe really a map projection, or are those limited to two-dimensional representations? On this the Registry was silent, though I thought I could actually hear their eyes rolling. Only then did I read on & scroll down: niner-seven-seven-link.

The Queue
There has been movement on neither Bloodsucking Fiends nor The Spy Who Came in From the Cold; the G.D.L. is normally a tighter ship than this. So, a brief tangent away from both the espionage & vampire genres, to the corner of fantasy & sci-fi (distinct from science fiction [S.F.]).

Recently
John Marks, Fangland
Allen Dulles, The Craft of Intelligence
John le Carré, Call for the Dead

Currently
Edgar Rice Burroughs, A Princess of Mars

Presently
Christopher Moore, Bloodsucking Fiends
John le Carré, The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
David Ignatius, Body of Lies
Len Deighton, City of Gold

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Senator & The New Republic, "Intermission" via iTunes, Free Single of the Week (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: