Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Urbi et Orbi
So, yeah, I'm now a member of the Knights of Columbus. Giving me a hard time about belonging to an explicitly fraternal organization would not be out of bounds, given the scorn I have heaped upon Greek-letter frats in the past (& surely will in future). My sincerest hope is that my membership in the Knights will help me to be a more humble, more selfless servant of the Lord.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril
The Ninjas, "Robot Pirates" from Platypus (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: As my love of The Aquabats! might have signaled, I loves me some silly ska.

Bonus S.O.T.D.!
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Graffiti Worth Reading" from Pin Points and Gin Joints (Hotburger)

Commentary: SKApril policy is to feature thirty different songs by thirty different bands, & The Bosstones have already had their moment in the sun with "Katie" on 5 April, but there was a moment today for which "Graffiti Worth Reading" was absolutely perfect, hence this bonus Song of the Day.

"Graffiti worth reading rarely is written
On walls that are worth writing on."

No comments: