Friday, July 27, 2012

The following is the first & final thing I shall say on the matter of the Games of the XXX Olympiad: Great Caesar's ghost, I hate the Olympics!

Perchance to Dream
I remember nothing of this morning's dream beyond the unmistakable visage of Danica McKellar. Winnie Cooper with a degree in mathematics: the stuff dreams are made of, in this case literally.

Kith & Kin
I've learned this much about midsummer home repair/improvement projects: I enjoy working with wood, except for the bit about being out of doors in the summer heat beneath the merciless, unblinking eye of the Accursed Sun, & there is nothing else in the world I hate in quite the same way I hate removing wallpaper. Wallpaper is surely the handiwork of Old Scratch. Scripture teaches us to rejoice in our weakness, for only in weakness can we find strength; in this way, I shall embrace the infernal wallpaper, for it affords me the opportunity to strengthen myself in the virtues of patience & endurance. I shall not complain, I shall not be wearied. I shall do the work & I shall be glad.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Five for Fighting, "Superman (It's Not Easy)" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: The Dark Knight Rises, & in the build up to it Batman Begins & The Dark Knight, have whetted my appetite for the Caped Crusader. This has in turn sparked anew my interest in the Man of Steel. Can anyone tell me anything about Smallville or Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman? I have vague, & not at all positive, memories of the latter from my youth, but I've never seen more than fleeting snippets of the former. Any good? Worth my while?

1 comment:

K.Steeze said...

Dean Cain!