Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Explorers' Club, № CDLIII

Operation AXIOM: The World War
19 August 1915: The sinking of the ocean liner S.S. Arabic by the German U-boat S.M. U-24, which had previously sunk the British battleship H.M.S. Formidable.







Lest we forget.

Bonus! Song of the Day
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes" from Mandatory Fun (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: I was listening to K-Love as I motored in the Lumi this afternoon when the D.J., in asking for the audience's understanding while she struggled with a recalcitrant computer, said, "My computer's literally exploding right now." It will be a very, very long time before I shall be able to stomach K-Love again.
"And I thought you had gotten it through your skull,
About what's figurative and what's literal,
Oh, but just now you said, you literally couldn't get out of bed.
That really makes me want to literally smack a crowbar upside your stupid head!…"

No comments: