Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the 4th Sunday of Advent

The Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra, "O Little Town of Bethlehem" from Toys for Tots: 25 All-Time Christmas Favorites (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: This rendition of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" is instrumental, & delightfully so, but I still thought I should mark the occasion by mentioning my favorite line from the lyrics:
"The hopes & fears of all the years
Are met in thee tonight…"
Urbi et Orbi
I often warn persons around the parish that prayer is a very powerful thing & that anything that powerful is potentially dangerous. You have to be careful for what you ask the Lord, because He just might give exactly what you wanted. The last two winters, widely regarded as the fiercest in almost forty years, were the winters I'd been praying for my whole life. They were exactly what I'd been asking for. They were a tremendous blessing, for which I am thankful each & every day, especially now that I am living in a snowless, sun-blasted wasteland.



Fair warning: I'll never stop praying for more of the same.

No comments: