Monday, November 28, 2005

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Bullshit
We had the first white Thanksgiving I can distinctly recall. There was enough snow on the ground on Thursday and Friday to have provided a suitably white Christmas. As is our custom, we decked the halls on the Sunday after Thanksgiving; we went crazy with the lights, ornaments, and garland. Mom has so many Santas that they've spread from the mantle to the downstairs bathroom and the staircase itself. I put Duvall's O Holy Night in my CD player and Mu330's Winter Wonderland in the pile of CDs by the HAL in the Mountain's room. On the way home from Mass on Sunday Mom and I heard "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year," prompting me to reference Murky Transport Disaster's "Christmas Should Be Lasting All Year Long." Glorious, just glorious. It was beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Today's afternoon high was just above sixty degrees Fahrenheit. I have only two things to say about that, both of them Simpsons-related: Worst. Fall. Ever. and "Lousy Smarch weather."

Honolulu Blue Forever
Mariucci had to go. Does it make a difference that it happened now instead of at the end of the season? Not that I can see. So, like the ambassador from the Neutral Planet, I have no strong feelings either way. Of course, nothing really makes a difference as long as Millen remains in charge. Hooray for rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

No comments: