Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Endurance
All is bliss and loveliness. To write in ludicrous hyperbole, all is becoming right with the world. To write in misplaced nefariousness, my scheme is coming to fruition.

Adventure and excitement, though things not craved by Jedi, abounded today. Upon returning to the erstwhile BTW South with my groceries, I was aghast to discover my brand-new gallon of milk was leaking. Both of my pitchers were already full of orange juice and I don't have any other suitable containers. Certainly, I could have committed all of my cups to the venture, but presently a superior solution presented itself. Ever since the Mountain's departure, I have been keeping my emptied apple sauce jars on the kitchen table (which couldn't possibly fit into the kitchen, but what else am I supposed to call it, just "the table"? I don't usually eat dinner of it; so, "dinner table" would be equally inaccurate). Why am I keeping them? Pure whimsy, I have no other purpose in mind. But one sprang to mind! I seized the already thoroughly rinsed jars and poured the lion's share of the milk into them, with the remainder going into two glasses, one each for tonight's and tomorrow's dinners. "Victory for ZIM!"

Also, to the relief of all I did not see K. Steeze. He rang my mobile from DFW Airport, still on the plane that ferried him from LAX and concerned that he might miss his connecting flight to Charlotte, which was scheduled to depart at approximately that very moment. Great googly moogly! Should the need arise, he asked, might be find lodging at humble adobe? "Indubitably," I wish I'd said, instead of the "Of course" or some such banality I spoke. Twenty minutes later he rang again, having made his connection, and thanked me for my ultimately unnecessary hospitality. K. Steeze is one of my favorite people in all the world, but I was ever so pleased that he will be able to continue his sojourn to visit his folks, Meeker and The Counselor, in the Carolinas, and then later onward to the Naked City. I would not wish my bitterest foe to set foot in Texas; so, I should have hated to have seen the Steezer stranded here, however fleetingly and however much I would have enjoyed his company. By this hour he is well away. Huzzah!

Deep in the Heart of Darkness
Of late, a disturbing percentage of my friends and family have transited through this baneful place. In the last ten months, The L.A.W. has been to the Metroplex twice for work; Ki-El was here for work; my parents, The Worrywart and The Goldbricker, made a stopover in Houston on the way to their Alaskan cruise; and if Codename: PANDORA had traveled from Colorado Springs to New York with the rest of her co-workers, instead of taking a direct flight from Denver, she too would have fallen into Houston's web. Damn you, Texas, do what you want to me, but leave them alone!

Science!
You know what's awesome about the planet Uranus? Almost everything. From its perpendicular rotational axis to Futurama's "Urectum" joke, Uranus kicks ass. Among the manifold glories of Uranus are the name of its numerous, though tiny, moons, which range from the incongruously mundane Margaret to the wickedly delightful Caliban, both drawn from the fertile mind of the Bard. When it comes to Uranus, I gush, and for that I make no apology; no bones about it, Uranus rules.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Aquabats!, "Ska Robot Army!" from The Return of The Aquabats! (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Amusingly, The Return of The Aquabats! is their debut album.

No comments: