Saturday, December 29, 2007

Those fiends at F.S.N. broadcast three of this weekend's four G.L.I. games, all but the final between Michigan and Michigan Tech, the tournament's co-hosts. This is an outrage! So, I was not able to divide my time between Penn State's triumph over Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl and the valiant Wolverine's overtime win over the technological Huskies at ye olde Joe Louis Arena. Still, all was right with the world as the Big Ten prevailed over the Big XII and the C.C.H.A. prevailed over the W.C.H.A.

In two days of play at the Great Lakes Invitational:
Goals scored by Michigan: 7
Goals allowed by Michigan: 0

Go Blue! No. 1 in the country and once again kings of the G.L.I. at the J.L.A.!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Duvall, "Go Tell It On the Mountain" from O Holy Night (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I have loved this month's Christmas/winter/snow theme, but I'd be lying if I said I was not looking forward to getting back to the normal, out-of-left-field Songs of the Day. This commentary was not meant to cast any aspersions upon Duvall. Duvall is rad, and I love "Go Tell It On the Mountain" and O Holy Night.

Boon
Fountains of Wayne, "All Kinds of Time" from Welcome Interstate Managers (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: For Tom Brady, a Michigan man, on the occasion of this season's sixteenth victory, and also for Anthony Morelli, who threw a stunningly beautiful twenty-two-yard pass on a third-and-twenty when the militant Aggies rushed a meager two men, affording the oft-woeful lad all kinds of time.

No comments: