Monday, April 28, 2008

"I am not what I am."
--Wm. Shakespeare, Othello, the Moor of Venice Act I, Scene I

I beg your indulgence, gentle readers, as there are matters most troublesome to my mind and most disruptive of my tranquility that by honorable oath I am bound against bandying about in so treasured and public a forum. That which vexes me best I mustn't declare, lest I be proved a braggart and faithless besides. I have by pains and against my nature learned to keep mine own counsel, to say less when more would accomplish naught but that my means prove fruitless and all my hopes be undone. But in the fullness of time all oaths shall be sundered, all bonds of former affection null and void. And then shall tower my revenge, fierce and rampant.

"That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
--Wm. Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark Act I, Scene V

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Billy Joel, "An Innocent Man" from An Innocent Man (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "And although this is a fight I can lose, / The accused is an innocent man."

El
Michael
Gabriel
Raphael
Samuel
Daniel
Joel
Nathaniel
Ariel
Uriel
Ezekiel
Israel
Ishmael
Eli/Elias
Elijah/Elisha

Rachel
Elizbeth

Sadly, the name "Elvis" is not of Biblical origin, but derived from Old English. Rats!

No comments: