Monday, May 11, 2009

The Stars My Destination
To Hubble… and beyond! No, no, wait, that would be bad, that second bit… very, very bad. Hmmm. Rather, to Hubble… and back! N.A.S.A.link and B.B.C.link. Godspeed, Atlantis.

Believe: Red Wings 4-1 Ducks
Seven down, nine to go. Best of seven: Detroit 3-2 Anaheim.

Nothing is written in stone, but the Red Wings are frighteningly good in Games 6 on the road when possessing a 3-2 series lead, a.k.a. with the other team on the brink of elimination. I don't have them right in front of me, but the numbers are staggering. The Ducks' goose is cooked and the secret ingredient is Swede.

Believe.

I am cultivating an interest in motorsport, due almost entirely to Steve McQueen's film Le Mans. I had the Spanish Grand Prix on in the background Sunday when I was vacuuming the house and cleaning the bathrooms (by her request, my Mothers' Day present to my mom). Fascinating stuff. F1link.

Operation AXIOM - Narwhal Day Approaches
Less than a fortnight until Narwhal Day, the narwhaliest day of the year! Act now and you too can feel sympathy for the narwhal. Narwhal Day is 23 May, less than two weeks away! Hip hip hooray, its Narwhal Day! Wear your gray, it's Narwhal Day! Narwhal Day! Narwhal Day! Narwhal Day!

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Green Day, "Jesus of Suburbia / City of the Damned / I Don't Care / Dearly Beloved / Tales of Another Broken Home" from American Idiot (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "I don't feel any shame, I won't apologize."

Sonntag, 10 Mai
Mu330, "Favorite Show" (live) from Oh Yeah! (T.L.A.M.)

Samstag, 9 Mai
James Horner, "Surprise Attack" from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: