Saturday, May 16, 2009

Operation AXIOM - One Week to Narwhal Day!
One week until Narwhal Day, people, one week. One week to gather the three ingredients necessary for the proper celebration, one week to summon up the appropriate level of sympathy for the narwhal. Narwhal!

Objective ZED ALPHA
A fortnight less one day until I face the tripartite examination that is the second of three steps to becoming a contestant on Jeopardy! How do I accumulate in the next two weeks all the trivial knowledge I have failed to acquire in the preceding twenty-nine and three quarters years? Fiddlesticks!

Operation ÖSTERREICH
As Sunday is the day of rest (and there's both hockey and motorsport to watch), Monday shall see a renewal of Operation ÖSTERREICH after a slothful, gluttonous late winter and spring. What have we learned so far? Breaking the bad habits of a lifetime is difficult, even with full conscious acknowledgment of their deleterious impact. No one ever said CADMUS would be easy, Mike; it would be quite useless if it was. Remember that words that were spoken by that other Michael W., "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." Come Monday, bring on the ÖSTERREICH!

Believe
One octopus down, one octopus to go. Best of seven: Detroit 0-0 Chicago.

The only Blackhawks I saw game during the season just past was the Winter Classic at Wrigley Field, a 6-4 Red Wings victory under extremely unusual circumstances. So, what do I expect from this series? Why, victory, of course. I couldn't claim to believe if I thought less, now could I? I think not. There is slight concern that our boys may be a bit winded after the long, grueling series against the cursed Ducks, but despite the speed and enthusiasm of the young Blackhawks, I am convinced (by reasoned analysis, not just belief) that the depth and vastly superior experience of the Red Wings will carry the day.

Red Wings in five seems a little too cocksure; so, I'll say Detroit in six. The Campbell Bowl will be ours! Go Wings!

Believe.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Ten Foot Pole, "I Don't Mind" from Short Music for Short People (T.L.A.M.)

Freitag, 15 Mai
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "She Just Happened" from Pay Attention (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Most appropriately, "She Just Happened" just happened to spring to mind throughout the afternoon.

No comments: