Monday, January 18, 2010

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
The Pogues, "The Irish Rover" from The Best of The Pogues (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: The Impossible Ingenue & I saw Leap Year yesterday, and within the film a band, not The Pogues, performs "The Irish Rover."

Sonntag, 17 Januar
"Weird Al" Yankovic, "I'll Sue Ya" from Straight Outta Lynwood (T.L.A.M.)

Samstag, 16 Januar
They Might Be Giants, "The Shadow Government" from The Else (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I spent all day hearing my partner referred to as "the Prime Minister" or "the Leader of the Opposition," several rounds' judges referred to as "Speakers of the House," and other such lovely bits of British Parliamentary slang. If only 'twas really a song about the shadow government; I can't wait until David Cameron is prime minister!

"Where's the shadow government when you need it?"


Freitag, 15 Januar
Less Than Jake, "Five State Drive" from Hello Rockview (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: It was only a two-state drive, Michigan & Indiana, but it felt like more as I had grossly insufficient legroom in the back of our rented late-model Saturn S.U.V. I don't lament the end of Saturn, for never in my life have I sat comfortably in a Saturn vehicle.

7 comments:

j said...

You loved the back seat of my saturn.

Mike Wilson said...

I had to sit sideways!

twg said...

I would bring up my hilarious Saturn story, but as I'm sure you can guess from the usual way my tales go, it's a bit risqué.

Mike Wilson said...

You know what? Go ahead! Let's hear the tale of Saturn debauchery.

twg said...

I had sex in the back of mine. In Grand Blanc, even. That's the only time I have ever had sex in a car. Army Boy, since I'm sure you're wondering ;)

Mike Wilson said...

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I already knew that story, such as it is. Hooray?

twg said...

I should be getting said dear little Saturn back soon, hooray!