Thursday, March 4, 2010

The following, and more, was part of a massive post I intended to publish last night, but just as I was getting into the rhythm of the work the wireless internet here at the house ceased normal operation. I had been in the middle of a pair of I.M. chats, one with bearing on Project PANDORA. As the outage persisted, my level of frustration rose, blunting any notion of working on my post offline and storing it until publication became possible. By Lucifer's beard!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Mittwoch, 3 März
The Littlest Man Band, "It's You" from Better Book Ends (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"Take a breath and let it out,
If you want go ahead and shout,
'Cause today you've opened up your eyes.
Look around, what do ya see?
It's what you've always wanted to be;
So, get ready for the best surprise.

And this is only gonna get better.
Victory never tasted so sweet.
Now stare directly into the mirror
'Cause there's someone I'd like you to meet,
And it's you.

I know he looks a lot like you,
He even talks the way you do,
But there's something in his face
That you've never seen before.
Faith and hope give a glow
To let everybody know
That he's gonna rock their asses
Down to the floor.

And this is only gonna get better.
Victory never tasted so sweet.
Now stare directly into the mirror
'Cause there's someone I'd like you to meet,
And it's you.

It's you.
It's you.
It's youuuuuuu (and various whoa-whoas)."


The Banzai Beard Bonanza II: Bonsai's Revenge
Day 67: Not much has changed since yesterday.

Day 66: Same day service from my dad, he snapped the photographs below this afternoon and within hours—hours!—they were sitting in my emailbox. Sign of an impending apocalypse? No, I rather think the time he's been spending with the kitty is softening him (and more on that later).















Remember, kids, we've got two more solid months until the beard faces the axe, heralding the start of the Massive Moustache Mistake!

4 comments:

Skeeter said...

It's really the moustache that makes it truly horrifying.

Mike Wilson said...

Grin and bear it, Skeet, the moustache's not going anywhere 'til wee Teddy's birthday. Though I do like The Guy's moustache wax idea and have begun looking for some.

The Guy said...

Tell me, anyone, that you have seen a properly waxed mustache and not marveled.

twg said...

I don't know, but I have seen a properly waxed mustache and not wanted my face anywhere in its vicinity.