Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy (Belated) Birthdays!
Happy birthday to Ska Army! Belated only by a technicality, because he was born on 29 February, obviously during a leap year. As a consequence, he celebrates his birthday "the day after February 28th," which most years works out to be today, 1 March. What are the odds of not only meeting but befriending a lad who plays in, of all the preposterous things, a ska band? In this day and age? I lead a charmed life. Happy birthday, Aaron!

Happy birthday to The Cowgirl! Her birthday is 28 February; so, these well-wishes are belated, but as I was on hand yesterday to help celebrate her 21st birthday, I am confident I've done my duty as a friend. Yes, it's a little unnerving that The Cowgirl was born one year less one day after her boyfriend, Ska Army, but they're so sickeningly cute together that that coincidence is the least of our worries. Happy birthday, Vanessa!

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Mu330, "Jason" from Crab Rangoon (The Guy, sort of)

Commentary: Swell bloke and all around lucky devil The Guy heard "Jason" on the radio—the radio!—in his adopted burg of Saint Louis, the mighty city on the mighty Mississippi. As he wrote, "My radio station is better than your radio station." Hands down, amigo, hands down.

Sonntag, 28 Februar
Fountains of Wayne, "Bright Future in Sales" from Welcome Interstate Managers (the as-yet-uncodenamed Brenda, sort of)

Commentary: "Bright Future in Sales" was the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. just a few weeks ago and I wish not to repeat songs too often, but Brenda complimented my relentless efforts to promote the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and there you go.

3 comments:

The Guy said...

Seriously, all you have to say is "I've got to get my shit together", and that song will be in my head for so damn long. On the plus side, I am in a fantastic mood when that song is in my head.

Mike Wilson said...

Okay, I'm game. "I've got to get my shit together."

The Guy said...

Already in my head, but thanks for the boost.