Saturday, February 27, 2010

The less I have scheduled, the less I get done. Laziness is a pernicious and vexing pastime.

I know myself to be an impressionable soul. I cannot change this about my nature; so, I attempt to use it to my advantage. Whenever I place Diurnal: or, Confessions of the World's Worst Vampire on my writing schedule, I'll first bone up on vampire lore (for inspiration both positive and negative, to know what to steal and what to avoid like plague) with books like Judgment of Tears and Carmilla and films like Dracula (Tod Browning's 1931 film) and The Lost Boys. I mention this because I recently saw the film Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief and so now find my idle thoughts dominated by my proprietary tale of ancient heathen gods still extant in the 21st century, Epimetheus ♥ Pandora (which might well be changed to Pandora ♥ Epimetheus for marketing purposes, her renown far outstripping his). I am meant to be plugging away at character backstories for Steeze and putting the finishing touches on Project TRITON, not dilly-dallying with brilliant, hopelessly curious Pandora & morose, hopelessly reckless Epimetheus. More on the siren song of The Lightning Thief later.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "All Things Considered" from Pay Attention (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"There is this older guy that comes around from time to time,
We're sure that he fought in the war, the war in Vietnam,
Most of what he tells us no one's verified,
He swears that he was there the day that Brendan Behan died."

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I've taken a month off of writing Issue 2, because I got lost in it. No matter how hard I tried the story escaped me. I'm diving back in March 1, and hoping to complete the draft by month's end.