Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Victors
Michigan 30-10 Connecticut
1-0, Big Ten 0-0

A week before the game, Mrs. Skeeter, Esq. & I were discussing the upcoming football season. She was very worried about Tate Forcier's apparent lack of involvement with the team, worries fed by Mr. Skeeter's support for the vile Fighting Irish and rapid rumor-mongering among the Notre Dame faithful. I had nothing beyond broad generalities with which to placate her worries. It is safe to say that the inauguration yesterday of the current football season found me uninformed & unable to comment intelligently on the prospects of any particular team. But I can now say that Denard Robinson has come a long way since the valiant Wolverines' '09 campaign; more insightful analysis will have to wait until I spend the rest of this week playing catch-up.

Also, a note on the renovations to Michigan Stadium: the announced attendance for the UConn game was 113,090. One hundred thirteen thousand ninety! Those inbred, cheating sons of bitches at the University of Tennessee can put that in their pipes and smoke it. (No, I will not forget nor will I ever forgive them for 1998. Death to Tennessee!)

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
The Ataris, "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" from End is Forever (T.L.A.M.)

Samstag, 4 September
New Found Glory, "It's Been a Summer" from Sticks and Stones (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "It's Been a Summer" is a song of love & loss, not a song about the manifold splendors of the summertime, but with these R.B.D.S.O.T.D. theme projects I've always been more interested in the titles of songs than the contents or intent of those selfsame songs. Maybe that's dirty pool on my part, but there's to be no reform of the system; it is what it is.

No comments: