Monday, May 9, 2011

The Queue
After Heat Wave will I read more Deighton, more le Carré, or the next "Richard Castle" mystery novel, Naked Heat? If I like Heat Wave, Naked Heat will almost certainly follow. Beyond that, I do not know what direction my reading will take me. I have decided, though, to take care of a couple books that have been sitting around for a while in the seldom-revisited "Eventually" category, namely I Was Told There'd Be Cake, a book of essays, & Star Wars: Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, a gift from Ska Army, unwanted but which I still feel an obligation to give a fair shake. So, that's my summer reading: indistinct, with a 100% of some housekeeping.

Recently
Len Deighton, Charity
Steve Matchett, The Mechanic's Tale: Life in the Pit-lanes of Formula One
Karen E. Olson, Driven to Ink

Currently
Len Deighton, XPD

Presently
John le Carré, Tinker, Tailor, Solder, Spy
"Richard Castle," Heat Wave
Sloane Crosley, I Was Told There'd Be Cake

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Dean Martin, "Ain't That a Kick in the Head" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary:

"She's tellin' me we'll be wed,
She's picked out a king-sized bed,
I couldn't feel any better, or I'd be sick!
Tell me quick,
Oh, ain't love a kick?
Tell me quick, ain't love a kick in the head?"