Friday, January 11, 2013

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Dropkick Murphys, "The Auld Triangle" from The Warrior's Code (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: It is a shame that most folks' knowledge of The Warrior's Code, to the extent that they have any knowledge of The Warrior's Code, is limited to "I'm Shipping Up to Boston," based almost solely on that song's inclusion in the motion picture The Departed, because "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" is far from the best song on The Warrior's Code. There are other, better songs, such as "The Auld Triangle."

There is surely something of substance to be made of my liking as radically left-wing a band as Dropkick Murphys, & I really do mean to get back to commenting upon politics & principles, but at this precise moment my mind is far too scattered to articulate that surely substantive something.

No comments: