Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Victors: Project OSPREY
(№ 1) Michigan 68-46 Northwestern
20-1, Big Ten 7-1

I wasn't able to see tonight's game, but I'm thrilled for the valiant Wolverines on the occasion of their first victory as the № 1 squad in all the land. The "leaders & best" won't be at full strength 'til the return of forward (functionally, center) Jordan Morgan (red shirt junior) from an ankle injury, but in his stead Jon Horford (red shirt sophomore) did a dandy of a job, scoring ten points & collecting seven rebounds. Meanwhile, the valiant Wolverines set a new school record with their season tally of 20-1. Congratulations, gentlemen!

Next: Murderers' row: At (№ 3) Indiana; home against (№ 11) Ohio State, the only club to have defeated the valiant Wolverines this season; at Wisconsin; & at (№ 13) Michigan State. Four games in eleven days, starting Saturday, 2 February.

Go Blue!

Project GLOWWORM
I wore my flatcap today, a clear mistake. The air was swampy & close, making the retention of warmth in my head the last thing I wanted. Further, there was a steady drizzle & for all the flatcap's many virtues protection against the rain is scarcely amongst them. No, I should have worn my linen Trilby; it would have held in more head than one of the straw Trilbys, but it also would have stood up better to the precipitation. Why didn't I wear the linen Trilby? It's January! & that's a spring/fall hat. I cast a gander at the looming clouds, or as little of them as I could see through this morning's fog, & ruled the linen Trilby too bright & gay for such gloom. Dumm Kopf! If the weathermen are to be believed, which they seldom are, winter's fury should return tomorrow. If it is not sufficiently furious for my beloved ushanka, then the well-insulated flatcap will be back in its element. There are non-insulted flatcaps, too. Mayhap I should acquire one of those as a moderate-temperature, all-weather alternative to the linen Trilby. Yes, that certainly bears further investigation & consideration.