Thursday, February 21, 2013

Operation ÖSTERREICH
I took my daily constitutional this morning for the first time in exactly ten weeks. It took far too long to get back to it after the applecart-upsetting spree of the Christmastide. I chalk all of that up to sloth, with winter's fury providing the flimsy cover under which such moral laxity thrives. That notwithstanding, winter's fury is not to be ignored; I slipped & fell once during today's constitutional & slipped but caught myself twice thereafter. My left thumb took the worst of the fall, as I instinctively braced myself with both hands. Curse me for a fool, I mistook sinister ice with a light dusting of snow for a harmless patch of snow, even though the evidence of mine own eyes clearly indicated that under the battering of the Accursed Sun's death rays since the last snowfall that only snow in much deeper, plow- & shovel-created piles persisted. The daily constitutional must continue, but shall have to move indoors.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Norman Greenbaum, "Spirit in the Sky" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: My whole life, my father has insisted that "Spirit in the Sky" would be an infinitely better song as an instrumental, without the lyrics. I don't mind the lyrics nearly as much as does he, but I, too, would be interested in hearing an instrumental rendition. (The lyrics are of course nonsensical heresy, theologically speaking.)

No comments: