Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Objective BLACK MAMBA (backlog edition)

Thursday, 31 July was the memorial of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (1491-1556), founder of the Jesuits, formally the Society of Jesus: Saint-link, Wikipedia-link, & Order-link.

Wednesday, 30 July was the memorial of Saint Peter Chrysologus (circa 380-450), Doctor of the Church: Saint-link & Wikipedia-link.

Tuesday, 29 July, was the memorial of Saint Martha of Bethany (1st Century): Saint-link & Wikipedia-link.

Monday, 28 June, was the memorial of Saint Samson of Dol (circa 485-565), also known as Saint Samson of York: Saint-link & Wikipedia-link.

Sunday, 27 June, we remember the Seven Sleepers of Ephesus (d. circa 250): Saints-link & Wikipedia-link.

Commentary: Neither the parish bulletin nor the AmericanCatholic.org website listed the seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time as the particular feast of any saint. So, using my own discretion, I chose to honor the Seven Sleepers, chosen from a longer list of saints to memorialize on 27 July. I like my religion like I like my politics, just that little bit crazy. Thus, the Seven Sleepers.

No comments: