Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
They Might Be Giants, "My Man" from Mink Car (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: More proof that learning is fun & that educational songs can be both informative & entertaining. As soon as my first alarm clock blared in the pre-dawn darkness, "My Man" was in my head, apparently because anatomy is what I want, first thing in the morning. Anatomy!

Mittwoch, 17 September
Tim Timmons, "Starts with Me" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I agree with Father John Riccardo's critique that much "contemporary Christian music" is vapid, but in the right moment the right song is just want you want, or better yet need, to hear.

"You're my revival song,
You start where I belong,
On my knees, on my knees.
When I am weak you're strong,
You meet me here when I'm
On my knees, on my knees,
Yeah, it starts with me…"

No comments: