Friday, October 11, 2019

Bonus! Song o' the End o' the Work Week


The Proclaimers, "Five O'clock World" from Born Innocent (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: I know (rather, I'm reasonably confident) the Lord is calling me to celibacy, but that doesn't mean I'm unaware of how many-splendored are the joys of spousal love. No disrespectful objectification of the actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead (pictured above) is intended, this winsome photograph simply struck me as a perfect embodiment of "Five O'clock World's" "long-haired girl."
"But it's a five o'clock world when the whistle blows,
No one owns a piece of my time,
And there's a long-haired girl who waits, I know,
To ease my troubled mind.

"In the shelter of her arms everything's O.K.,
When she talks and the world goes slippin' away,
And I know the reason I can still go on
When every other reason is gone,
Yeah, yeah, yeah…"

No comments: