Monday, July 10, 2023

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' Today

Montag, 10. Juli
Less Than Jake, "The Space They Can't Touch" from GNV FLA (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I found out yesterday morning (Sunday, 9 July) that Less Than Jake was playing a show at Saint Andrew's Hall in Detroit last night (Sunday, 9 July). Drat, drat, & double drat! I would have gone, even by myself if necessary, if I'd had more advance notice. As it was, with regret due to the insufficient notice, I texted "Drat!…" to Sergeant Ska (saxophonist of The Loose Ties), who had also been unaware & replied, "Double drat!…"

The Aquabats! are on tour this summer, but only of the West Coast. Reel Big Fish haven't announced any tour dates. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are no more. I was vaguely aware that Less Than Jake was touring to celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of their seminal 1998 album,
Hello Rockview, but I was clearly paying too little attention & it has cost me dearly. My last show was The Mighty Mighty Bosstones in August 2019, then came the lockdowns, then came the terrible news that the Bosstones had, "After decades of brotherhood…," broken up. I have no reason to believe Less Than Jake are going to break up anytime soon, but who knows when they will next be in sacred Michigan.

I allowed a precious, if not priceless opportunity to slip through my fingers. Curses! Foiled again!

No comments: