Thursday, November 17, 2005

Losing Lost
I hate the actor Michelle Rodriquez. I mean, I don't hate her as a person, I don't even know her. She might be really cool. As Captain Kirk said of the Romulan commander, maybe in another life I could have called her "friend." What I hate is looking at her; I hate hearing her voice. I have loathed every single moment she has been on-screen in every TV show and movie in which I have seen her. Hate. Hate. Hate. As a consequence, she has slowly been killing my love for the show Lost (she is among the new characters added in season two). I've loved every minute that she's off-screen and loathed the opposite. So, I was actually really happy when her character, Ana-Lucia, murdered Shannon (Maggie Grace) last week. Why? Because now Sayid (Naveen Andrews) is going to kill her! Too sweet! (For unfathomable reasons, Sayid loved Shannon. I never understood what he saw in her, beyond her physical appearance, but that doesn't really matter. He loved Shannon and Ana-Lucia murdered her. Sayid's going to fuck shit up!)

Sayid tortured Sawyer when he and Jack thought Sawyer was hording live-saving drugs; also, in the flashbacks to Sayid's former life in Iraq's Republican Guard, he killed a superior officer and helped his former lover escape from custody. So, we know Sayid is a hard man when pushed. Man, I can't wait until Sayid kills Ana. And if he doesn't, well, as much as I enjoy Lost I'll have no choice but to stop watching and hurl invective at those in charge of the enterprise. I'd hate to do it, but one must have and maintain certain standards.

No comments: