Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Missed
I missed opining on the third anniversary of the Anglo-Australian-American invasion of Iraq. Saddam Hussein's rule was monstrous. The stable, pluralistic democracy Iraq is on the road to becoming will be the best answer to both Iran's Shia radicalism and Saudi Arabia's Sunni jihadism. If you were against the war from the start, I disagree with you, but such are the joys of a free society; if you supported the war at first but soured as soon as the first IEDs were detonated, I suggest you a) grow a backbone and b) stop reading this blog now, you waffling piece of shit.

I missed opining on the first day of spring. I'm actually glad spring has sprung, because the recently concluded winter was a disgrace to the very word. Worst. Winter. Ever. Good riddance.

I missed opining on the 250th anniversary of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's birth... back in late Janurary. The Marriage of Figaro is offensively moronic, but the music is sensational. Don Giovanni is growing on me. The kid was good.

I missed opining on the 300th anniversary of Benjamin Franklin's birthday around the same time. He invented the public library, for crying out loud, a solid for the whole human race.

Accuracy and Precision
Here, then, is the proper quotation of a line I recently paraphrased from Jhonen Vasquez's incomprable Invader ZIM:

Dib: "Your stupid plan won't work, ZIM. You'll never pull this off."
ZIM: "You speak craziness, Earth boy. More organs means more human. It wiiiill work."

No comments: