Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
They Might Be Giants, "Dr. Worm" from Severe Tire Damage (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Jubilant is no exaggeration, "Dr. Worm" is not merely grandly celebratory but jubilant!

"They call me Dr. Worm.
Good morning, how are you, I'm Dr. Worm.
I'm interested in things.
I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm,
I am an actual worm.
I live like a worm.

I like to play the drums.
I think I'm getting good,
But I can handle criticism.
I'll show you what I know
And you can tell me if you think
I'm getting better on the drums.
I'll leave the front unlocked
'Cause I can't hear the doorbell.

When I get into it I can't tell
If you are watching me
Twirling the stick.
When I give the signal
My friend Rabbi Bull
Will play the solo.

(solo)

Someday somebody else besides me
Will call me by my stage name,
They will call me Dr. Worm."

I hope one day to give Captain Marvel's enemy Mr. Mind, an evil telepathic worm from Venus, a foil, the virtuous Dr. Worm. Mr. Mind versus Dr. Worm for the fate of the universe, tell me you wouldn't love to read that story.

No comments: