Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Queue
The worst thing about Edgar Rice Burroughs's Barsoom novels is that they are all-engrossing page-turners that fly by before you know where the time has gone, a direct result of the best thing about Edgar Rice Burroughs's Barssom novels, that they are all-engrossing page-turners.

Workmen have sealed off our attic whilst they accomplish some repairs. Access to the attic is gained via a trapdoor in the guest room's closet. My bookshelves reside in the guest room, the built-in bookshelves that compose one entire wall of my bedroom being given over to a small portion of my father's library. Everything from South downwards is on my bookshelves in the guest room, which has itself been sealed off as part of creating suction into the attic. As I'm interminably waiting on the Genesee District Library, I fear I'll run out of leisure reading material before the workmen unseal the guest room. Curses! I'm already devising a workaround, but if I had my druthers I'd stick to the queue.

Recently
Jim Clark, Jim Clark at the Wheel: The World Motor Racing Champion's Own Story
Steve Matchett, The Chariot Makers: Assembling the Perfect Formula 1 Car
Edgar Rice Burroughs, Thuvia, Maid of Mars

Currently
Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale, Superman For All Seasons
Edgar Rice Burroughs, The Chessmen of Mars

Presently
sundry, Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton, Vols. 1-2 & Superman: War of the Supermen
Sir Ernest Shackleton, South: A Memoir of the Endurance Voyage
Edgar Rice Burroughs, The Master Mind of Mars
Edgar Rice Burroughs, A Fighting Man of Mars
Sir Richard Francis Burton, translator, The Arabian Nights (specifically, "Ali Baba & the Forty Thieves")
Edgar Rice Burroughs, Swords of Mars
Edgar Rice Burroughs, Synthetic Men of Mars

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Icon For Hire, "Theatre" from Scripted (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: