Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Project GLOWWORM

At this moment, I am particularly pleased with the length & shape of my moustache, which is of course the cue for a number of the whiskers in my moustache to become unruly & eventually go rogue, leaving me precious little recourse but to trim them back. Constant vigilance & inevitable heartbreak are the price to be paid for looking so dashing.

He's Dead Jim | Kith & Kin
We are so very blessed to have the kith & kin we do. Dinners have been donated by Mrs. Blinky, Danny Boy's mother (who has known me since Danny Boy & I were two years old), & the ladies of Mom's pinochle club. I am frequently asked, "How's your mother doing?" This has swiftly become slightly tedious for my misanthropic self, but I know that changes have been wrought in me, that I am a better disciple of Christ, because I immediately listen to the better angels of my nature & remind myself that these queries are expressions of kindness & love. Mom's doing well, insofar as she is in good spirits & her fractured bone is on the mend. She has taken this all in stride, which is a blessing. She is increasingly ambulatory as she masters the wheelchair, & is becoming more dextrous with the walker used to get her to & from my father's motorcar (the station wagon) for her sawbones appointments. I remain wary of the onset of cabin fever a few weeks down the road, but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it. Into every life a little rain must fall, & while if I had my druthers Mom would not have broken her leg, we are very blessed & things could easily be much worse.

No comments: