Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Reel Big Fish, "Beer" from Turn the Radio Off (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "Beer" was running through my head this morning even before I'd managed to get out of bed. I always quote the following because "Beer" is en eminently quotable song & these are the most quotable of all the song's lyrics:

"She looks like Heaven,
Maybe this is Hell…"


Montag, 22 September
The Proclaimers, "I Know" from Notes & Rhymes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: This is not me having more fun at The Proclaimers' expense over Scotland's rejection of the S.N.P.'s independence referendum, this is me appreciating The Proclaimers' music on its own substantial merits. "I Know" is a song about warfare, about Mankind's propensity for violence, an indelible part of our collective character. 'Tis chosen as the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. in part due to my anger & confusion over the new Twelfth Doctor's prejudice against soldiers. I'm not yet ready to stop watching Doctor Who over this disquieting turn of events, but I am very tempted to send Steven Moffat the "Why do you hate them so much?"/"Why do you love them so much?" debate from A Few Good Men.

No comments: