Sunday, October 11, 2015

Project BLACK MAMBA

Today is the Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time.

Otherwise, on 11 October we would remember Saint John XXIII, Pope (1881-1963): Saint-link ūnus, Saint-link duo, & Wikipedia-link.

Commentary: Popularly nicknamed "Good Pope John."

Scripture of the Day
Mass Readings
The Book of Wisdom, chapter seven, verses seven thru eleven;
Psalm Ninety, verses twelve thru seventeen;
The Letter to the Hebrews, chapter four, verses twelve & thirteen;
The Gospel according to Mark, chapter ten, verses seventeen thru thirty,
(or, the Gospel according to Mark, chapter ten, verses seventeen thru twenty-seven).

Mass Journal: Week 42
Reflection by Matthew Kelly, founder of the Dynamic Catholic Institute
Repent is a powerful word. But what does it mean for you & me, here & now, more than two thousand years later? It means the same as did to the people walking around the dusty pathways in their sandals, trying to inch closer to Jesus as He passed through their town or village. Repent means "to turn back to God." I find myself needing to turn back to God many times a day, in ways small & large. It is not a matter of guilt & it is not a shameful thing. It is simply that at His side I am a better person—a better son, husband, father, brother, friend, employer, citizen. Over time, I have also come to realize, quite painfully, that when I turn away from God I am also turning my back on my true self. Do you need to turn back to God today? Do you need to repent?

No comments: