Thursday, September 6, 2018

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Feist, "1234" from The Remainder (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: If I am to be consistent, I must grouse. The title "1234" is irksome, in that as written it should be read "One Thousand Two Hundred Thirty-four" or "Twelve Thirty-four," yet the lyrics indicate it is clearly meant to be pronounced, "One, Two, Three, Four." Since that is the case, the title should be written, "1, 2, 3, 4" or "1-2-3-4," not "1234."

A word on consistency: I mean not Emerson's "hobgoblin of little minds," but a consistency borne of integrity, of eschewing double standards & a self-satisfied favoritism. That is the consistency I strive to cultivate. Here at
The Secret Base, we do not truck with Ralph Waldo & his transcendentalist tripe.

But I digress.
"Sweetheart, bitter heart,
Now I can't tell you apart,
Cozy and cold,
Put the horse before the cart…

"One, two, three, four, five, six, nine, or ten,
Money can't buy you back the love that you had then.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, nine, or ten,
Money can't buy you back the love that you had then…"

No comments: