Saturday, July 10, 2021

The Rebel Black Dot U.S.A. Song o' the Day

Matt Maher, "Woke Up in America" from The Love In Between (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary, eh: Matt Maher is an immigrant from the Canadas, from Newfoundland, specifically.
"I was born on a rock in the middle of the ocean,
Where the wind's so rough it can carry you to London,
It's a new found land with an old soul reaching
For the light of day…

"I woke up in America for the love of God,
I woke up in America for something bigger than myself,
More than fireworks and fanfare,
More than a star-spangled banner,
You're still beautiful, America!

"I've seen the horizon ablaze in Arizona,
Shoreline shoutin' over California,
Moonlight dancin' over the Dakotas,
It breaks your heart, it's so beautiful!
Lady Liberty, she leaves the light on
From the West Side all the way to Long Island,
Carolina Coast to the Rocky Mountains,
The sun is shining over me!

"Woke up in America for the love of God,
Woke up in America for something bigger than myself,
More than wealth or depression,
More than a red or blue nation,
Here in our hells and our heaven,
You're still beautiful, America!
You're beautiful, America!
You're beautiful, America!"

No comments: