Saturday, June 11, 2022

24 Heures du Mans | 16:50:00

I've not been able to watch nearly as much of the first quarter/first third of the great race as I would have under ideal circumstances, but that's because life is gift & full of good things. The 24 Heures du Mans has reverted to the traditional start time of 4:00 P.M. local time/10:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time. At 9:30 A.M., I was at the new Pregnancy Help Clinic in Flint Township, next door to an unmarked abortion mill, for the dedication & blessing of an ultrasound machine, funded by the Knights of Columbus Ultrasound Initiative; my K. of C. council were the leading fundraisers. Duty called.

Earlier this afternoon, I was invited to the open house of Echo Bravo, a young lady from my former parish, Holy Redeemer. She has matured into a very impressive young woman, & I was happy to celebrate her high school graduation. Our culture is in decay because we have lost almost all sense of community. It is incumbent upon each of us to foster a sense of community in our local sphere of influence. Duty called.

To the best of my knowledge, I have no other obligations until 11:00 A.M. tomorrow, Holy Mass for the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity. The 90th 24 Hours of Le Mans (90e 24 Heures du Mans) is scheduled to conclude at 10:00 A.M. I intend to enjoy thoroughly the remaining almost seventeen hours.

Le Mans! Le Mans! Le Mans!

No comments: