Thursday, November 23, 2023

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' Thanksgiving Day

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "A Reason to Toast" from Medium Rare (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I'm thankful to the Lord God Almighty for my kith & kin, for the great adventure of this life, & for all of you, dear readers.
"I'd like to open up by making a suggestion,
One that I suggest you're open to,
And then I'll open up the floor and take a question,
After that it's time to tilt a few,
To you and you and you.

"A reason to toast!
A reason to cheer!
A reason to celebrate
It's nice being here!

"You might be wondering just why I called this meeting,
Can't let another moment pass,
Before we move on, please, let's rearrange the seating,
After that its time to raise a glass.

"I'll raise my glass up high to all the friendly faces,
Here and wherever they may be,
I don't know why I never thought till now to say this,
But you mean the world to me…"

No comments: