Monday, August 4, 2003

I was looking at my reflection in a doorknob. The ol' skull-and-crossbones stood out bright and proud. "Wow," I thought to myself, "I'm a badass!" Then I remembered I'm wearing my brand new Me First and the Gimme Gimmes T-shirt. I love Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, but one cannot be a badass wearing a Me First and the Gimme Gimmes T-shirt. Eh, you win some, you lose some, at least I'm wearing a Me First and the Gimme Gimmes T-shirt. Life is good.

I'm presently drinking a Blue Bubble Gum Jones Soda. The fortune: "Your social life could be glamorous and rewarding now." Could be? Like it could be and I don't even know it? Or it could be if I did one specific thing? How can I be sure? Is this an intuitive thing? I'm drinking a Blue Bubble Gum Soda and wearing a Me First and the Gimme Gimmes T-shirt. Life is sweet.

Sardine called earlier and we talked for a hour and a half while she walked around lower Manhatten and changed clothes to go paint the town red. Mmmm, Sardine changing clothes... (insert Homer's drooling sound). It was just a really good conversation and we were both intensely amused throughout. She's coming back to A2 this weekend. What to do, what to do.... I'm thinking about Sardine with her shirt off wearing skin-tight jeans while I'm drinking a Blue Bubble Gum Soda and wearing a Me First and the Gimme Gimmes T-shirt. Life is super rad.

We all know it cuts deep when a girl sez, "We'll always be friends, though." At the Warped Tour yesterday, the Professor and I divined the single cruelest thing any girl can ever say to any guy: "You're my best friend."

A few weeks ago, after the Reel Big Fish show, I said I felt as if the greatest thing in my life was coming to an end. Please forgive my pessimism. The greatest thing in your life can only die if you let it. Give me one good reason why any of this has to come to an end? Ha, you can't because there isn't. To briefly sound like a greeting card, life is what you make of it. The Professor and I are going to see Flogging Molly tomorrow, and the greatest thing in my life is far from over. And now, I'm listening to "Hey, Julie" while thinking about Sardine with her shirt off wearing skin-tight jeans while I'm drinking a Blue Bubble Gum Soda and wearing a Me First and the Gimme Gimmes T-shirt. Life is the best thing ever.

No comments: