Thursday, July 15, 2004

Seriously, what in the name of all that's dark and profane is wrong with France? And here's the proof that I'm not just an irrational, foaming-at-the-mouth Francophobe, "Freedom Fries." The French Republic might as well go ahead and change the country's motto to "Liberte. Fraternite. Genocide."

I, Moviegoer
I am of two minds about the new film I, Robot. On the one hand, having read Isaac Asimov's seminal book I, Robot, I am offended that some movie studio jerks have decided to ditch the short stories with their glorious subtleties and complexities in favor of a traditional Frankenstein story; make no mistake, any time science runs amok, somebody is ripping off Frankenstein and Mary Shelley really should be getting a dime. On the other hand, the film looks like it might be a nice bit of brainless entertainment. On the gripping hand, it is directed by Alex Proyas, twisted genius behind The Crow and Dark City.

Plus, Bridget Moynahan is pretty enough to make you forget your own name.

No comments: